What information we gather and trackWe at TechLane respect your desire to protect personal information. This page tells you what sort of information we may ask you for, and in what situations.
We request personal information when you register a product, request a service, answer a survey, enter a contest, correspond with us or engage in certain other activities on our website. For example:
- If you request technical support by email or telephone, we will ask you for information needed to complete the transaction, such as your registration/ license number and information about your computer hardware, software and the nature of the problem you are experiencing.
You make all decisions regarding whether or not to proceed with any activity that requests personal information. However, please note that if you do not wish to provide the requested information, you may not be able to complete the transaction.
How we use this informationWe use personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information about virus alerts, product upgrades, new products, services, newsletters, informative emails, and research on future product ideas or improvements
- To assist us in creating content that is relevant to you
- To provide you with special offers that may be of interest to you
- To assist us in creating better products and services to meet your needs
- To allow you to purchase and download products, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select
- To help you quickly find software, services or product information important to you with whom we may share your information
TechLane retains the services of outside contractors to provide services for us. They may be used to distribute products, provide technical support, or handle order processing. Contractors must keep the personal information of customers secure and confidential, and use personal information only on behalf of TechLane.
Please be advised that we may disclose your personal information if legally required to do so by government agencies or law enforcement bodies.
Opt-outIf you do not wish to continue receiving our e-mail newsletters or bulletins you can opt-out of receiving these communications by replying and typing 'unsubscribe' in the subject line in the email.
SecurityWe have taken security measures, consistent with international information practices, to protect your personal information. These measures include technical and procedural steps to protect your data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration, or destruction.