TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE KASPERSKY SECURITY CAMPAIGN (the "Contest")
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THESE "TERMS AND CONDITIONS") BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST. THIS IS LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENTT BETWEEN YOU AND TECHLANE RESOURCES SDN BHD ("TECHLANE") ESTABLISHING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH YOU ARE ENTITLED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE CONFIRMED THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. Organiser. The Contest is organised by TechLane.
2.1. General Eligibility Requirements. All residents of Malaysia aged 18 years and above and holding a valid Malaysian (new) National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) are eligible to participate in the Contest.
2.2. Not eligible. The following are not eligible to participate in the Contest:
a) Employees of the Organiser (including subsidiaries and related companies) and their immediate family members (children, parents, siblings, spouses and close relatives) ; and/or
b) Representatives, employees, staff and/or agents of advertising companies and/or promotion service providers of the Organisers (including subsidiaries and related companies) and their immediate family members (children, parents, siblings, spouses and close relatives).
2.3. Specify Eligibility Requirements:
In order to participate in the Contest, you must purchase any of the Kaspersky Genuine Products (Originated from Malaysia) from any Authorised Reseller in Malaysia during the contest period:
a) Kaspersky PURE
b) Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
c) Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011
d) Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac
e) Kaspersky Mobile Security
3. Contest Specifics.
3.1. Contest Period: 20th September 2010 to 31st December 2011.
3.2. To enter the Contest, you must complete the Official Contest form with the requested personal information, the answer(s) to the question, and the Kaspersky slogan written as creatively as you can; get the company stamp from the Authorised Reseller which sold you the Kaspersky Genuine Product(s); attach to the completed official Contest form a scanned copy / photocopy of your purchase receipt for the Kaspersky Genuine Product(s); and submit fully the completed Contest form (with its attachment) to the stated address above on or before 5pm on 15th January 2012. Any Contest forms received after the Contest Period will not be accepted and will be automatically disqualified.
3.3. Each eligible purchase entitles you to 1 (one) entry for each unit of Kaspersky Genuine Product purchased, e.g. if you buy one unit of Kaspersky Internet Security (3-User) and 2 units of Kaspersky Anti-Virus (1-User), you may submit 3 entries, provided that each entry is supported by proof of purchase as indicated in Clause 3.2 above.
3.4. You must retain your original paid invoice and/or receipt as proof of purchase. Winners will be required to present original proof of purchase of Kaspersky Genuine Product when collecting their prizes.
4. How prize winners will be selected
4.1. Prize winners will be selected based on the accuracy of their answers and the most creative slogan.
5.1. WEEKLY PRIZES
i. RM1,000.00 X 2 each week for 67 weeks
ii. RM500.00 X 4 each week for 67 weeks
iii. RM200.00 X 5 each week for 67 weeks
5.2. GRAND FINAL PRIZES
i. 1 (One) Grand Prize worth RM50,000.00
ii. 1 (One) 1st Prize worth RM20,000.00
iii. 1 (One) 2nd Prize worth RM10,000.00
iv. 1 (One) 3rd Prize worth RM5,000.00
v. 40 (Forty) Consolation Prizes worth RM2,000.00
Finalists are only eligible for 1 (ONE) Final Prize. There will only be 1 (ONE) Grand Prize winner, 1 (ONE) 1st Prize winner, 1 (ONE) 2nd Prize winner, 1 (ONE) 3rd Prize winner and 40 (Forty) Consolation Prize winners at the end of the FINALS.
a) The Finalists will be selected from the total entries received throughout the Contest Period. Only all correct entries accompanied by the proper proof of purchase are eligible.
b) Only the chosen Finalists with matching names and particulars in the contest forms may attend the FINALS. Any transfer of participation is strictly prohibited. Finalists will be notified by phone and email. If any Finalist cannot be contacted after 3 (THREE) attempts (phone & emails), another Finalist will be selected as a replacement.
c) If any of the Finalists is not able to attend the FINALS, he/she will be automatically disqualified and another Finalist will be selected as a replacement.
d) The Organiser reserves the right to automatically cancel any prizes resulting from the non-attendance of any Finalists at the FINALS.
e) The Finalist is required to bear all personal and/or other costs, fees and/or expenditure for attending the FINALS.
f) The Final event (FINALS) will be held in the Klang Valley or other places after the Contest Period. Finalists will be chosen to attend this FINALS which will involve both the physical and mental challenge.
6. How prize winners will be notified.
6.1. Winners will be informed by phone or email.
7. Claiming a prize.
7.1. The Grand Final Prizes will be awarded to the winner at a prize giving ceremony on a date determined. All other prizes must be self-collected, on the dates and times notified to the winners, from:
TechLane Resources Sdn Bhd
B-3-31, Merchant Square, 1, Jalan Tropicana Selatan 1, PJU 3, 47401, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Tel: +603 7802 2222 Fax: +603 7885 0299
7.2. Prize winners will be required to sign and return a Declaration and Release Form which, among other things, releases the sponsor of the prize, its respective subsidiaries and associated companies, agents, including advertising and promotional agencies, from all liability relating to the Contest and acceptance and/or use of the prize and confirms his/her compliance with the terms and conditions applicable to the prize.
7.3. Prize winners MUST submit a photocopy of the Identity Card to the Organiser within Two (2) weeks from the notification of the winning. Prize winners MUST attend the prize giving ceremony and selected public relations activities in conjunction with the contest (whenever required). Winners must claim their prizes in person and not otherwise.
7.4. Prize winners MUST present the actual box of purchased Kaspersky Genuine Product during the prize giving ceremony. Failure to produce would amount to disqualification.
8. Official Contest forms.
8.1. The Organiser is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials or for registration, Contest forms or submissions that are illegible, incomplete, lost o misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are lost for any reason including electronic, computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; including inability to access any website associated with the Contest.
8.2. Proof of submission or postage shall not constitute proof of receipt by the Organiser. The Organiser is not responsible for any loss, damage or delay in delivery of entries. No correspondence on this matter will be entertained at all.
8.3. If any information provided on the Contest form is found to be misleading or inaccurate, that entry shall be deemed invalid.
8.4. Photocopying of the filled up form is not allowed. Incomplete, illegible or inaccurate entries, those with incorrect answers, entries with incorrect and/or defective proof of purchase will be automatically disqualified.
8.5. Contestants may send in more than one entry but each entry must be strictly complied with the requirements of the Contest form provided. Photocopies of Contest forms are not accepted.
9. Goods as prizes. Where the prizes under the Contest are items/good, they shall be subject to availability and may not be substituted for cash. The Organiser reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equivalent monetary value, without prior notice. If prizes involve manufacturer's terms and conditions for warranty, service and maintenance, and the Organiser does not accept any responsibility for them. In particular, prizes are provided by the Organiser "AS IS" without warranties of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. The Organiser reserves the right to replace any prizes with another of equal value at any time without prior notice.
10. Taxes, etc. Taxes and other levies imposed by any relevant applicable government or tax authority, as well as other costs including insurance and incidental costs, that may be levied or incurred on the prizes shall be fully borne by the prize winner.
11. Your submission fitness for publication. By entering the Contest, you expressly agree that your completed Contest form ("Submission") is not defamatory or invasive of another person's right of privacy or right of derogatory, pornographic, abusive, harassing, threatening, hateful, objectionable with respect to race, religion, creed, national origin or gender, or otherwise unfit for publication. The Organiser shall not be liable in any way for any Submission. The Organiser shall have no obligation to monitor your Submission, but may do so at its discretion. If, the Organiser, in its sole and absolute discretion, considers your Submission inappropriate or unsuitable for publication, the Organiser may remove "Submission" from the Contest.
12. Promotional activities. You agree to have your name, age, occupation and photos used for promotional purposes at the Organiser's sole discretion. If you are a prize winner, except where prohibited by law, you consent to the use of your name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, winning entry, Submissions(s) and statements attributed to you (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes without any compensation or notice to you.
13. The Organiser's right in your Submission.
13.1. The Organiser will not return any of your Submissions, and your Submissions become the property of the Organiser.
13.2. You grant to the Organiser and/or its affiliates a non-excusive, fully transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, fully paid-up right and license:
" To adapt, edit, modify, publish, promote, reproduce, distribute, publicly display your Submission and make derivative works based on it in any and all media, including any compilations, as the Organiser and/or its affiliates see fit for any reason,
" To identity you as the author of the Submission, and
" To authorise others to do any of the things described above without any obligation to notify or compensate you.
13.3. Without limiting the generality of the provisions above, the Organiser and/or any of its affiliates shall have an exclusive right to publish and use any winning Submission(s) in print and/or electronic form for advertising and promotion of the Kaspersky's Products, for exhibition, and for both commercial and non-commercial products and publications, including without limitation, using, downloading, adapting, reformatting, editing and/or resizing the winning Submission(s) as may be necessary and to authorize others to do any of the above without any obligation to notify or compensate the prize winner(s).
13.4. You agree to do and sign any further acts, deeds and documents to enable us and our affiliates to exercise the rights granted to us above.
14. Limitation of Liability. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Organiser and its parent company, affiliates, related corporations, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any damage, loss, death or personal injury that may occur as a consequence of your participation in the Contest whether before, during or after the Contest Period.
15. Indemnity. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you undertake indemnify and keep the Organiser and its parent company, affiliates, related corporations, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless and indemnified against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by any or each of them due to your breach of any of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising from your participation in the Contest and/or your use of any prize.
16. The Organiser's decision is final and binding. In the event of any dispute arising from the Contest or relating to the interpretation of these Terms & Conditions, the decision of the Organiser on all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence will be entertained.
18. The Organiser reserves the right to broadcast or use the names, pictures, IC numbers and addresses of winners for advertising, trade and/or publicity activities that it deems appropriate without any prior notification to or permission from the winners. Winners shall not be entitled to claim ownership or other forms of compensation (including royalties or remuneration) on any of the materials stated above.
19. No cheating tolerated. You acknowledge and agree that no form of cheating will be tolerated. If you are found cheating, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Organiser, you will immediately be disqualified from the Contest. Cheating includes, but is not limited to, counterfeiting invoices or receipts, using multiple identification numbers, tampering with, hacking of the Contest site (if any), participating in the Contest without meeting the eligibility requirements, using any automated software or device to gain an advantage during the Contest, use of the Contest beyond the defined rules of the Contest, attempting to disable or overwhelm any of the Organiser's website or the Contest site (if any), attempting to disrupt any portion of the Contest, including but not limited to, allowing somebody else to use your Personal Information, or tampering with the entry process.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY OF THE ORGANISER'S WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITAMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE ORGANISER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
20. Communication from the Organiser. You will receive promotional materials from the Organiser from time to time should you agree to receive updates from us; of which you can opt out at anytime by following the instructions in the electronic communication that you receive.
21. No waiver. The Organiser's failure to enforce these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
22. Modification of these Terms and Conditions, etc?The Organiser may modify these Terms and Conditions and/or withdraw or terminate the Contest at any stage without liability towards anyone.
23. Severability. Each of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. If a court holds any provision of these Terms and Conditions to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the rest of these Terms and Conditions will remain in effect and these Terms & Conditions will be amended to give effect to the eliminated provision to the maximum extent possible.
24. Laws. The Contest shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. The Contest is void when prohibited or restricted by laws, and is subject to all applicable laws.
25. Contestants who fail to meet or adhere to the terms and conditions of the contest will be automatically disqualified.
26. A part from those listed in condition above, all accommodation, transportation, dining and relevant costs will be borne by the prize winners.
27. The Organiser reserves the right to change, amend, cancel or add to the Contest terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and all changes, additions and amendments must be automatically adhered to by contestants.
28. For more information, please contact the Contest Hotline at +603 7802 2222 or visit http://www.tlr.com.my/campaign for details on the Contest Terms and conditions.